This course will give a solid theoretical and practical foundation to web development. This course has been developed for web developers and designers comfortable with WYSIWYG development tools such as DreamWeaver, who want or need to improve their understanding of what they are willing doing, and what is going on “under the hood” of their tools.
This course will illustrate and implement how to create Web pages using HTML code, which is the fundamental building blocks of any web site on the Internet. Also how to integrate cascade stylesheets (CSS) with HTML.
Be familiar with Windows XP or greater, ability to use the Internet, experience with Microsoft Internet browsers or equivalent knowledge.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize the components of an HTML file and create such a file.
- Format paragraphs and characters using HTML.
- Link to local files and Web pages from their Web pages.
- Add graphics and sound to their Web pages using HTML.
- Create different kinds of lists to their Web page using HTML.
- Create multi-column and multi-row tables using HTML.
- Set background colors and graphics for Web pages.
- Evaluate Web page design and consider design issues that affect web pages.
- Add links to non-Web Internet sites from their Web pages.