The CIW certification program validates job-role skills competency for entry-level job seekers and seasoned professionals alike. Candidates can earn CIW certificates in various Information Technology (IT) job roles, from the foundational CIW Associate certification, continuing to CIW Professional and specialization certifications, and up to advanced-level Master CIW certifications. CIW Designers develop and maintain Web sites using authoring and scripting languages, create content and digital media, and employ standards and technologies for both business-to-business and business-to-consumer e-commerce Web sites. CIW Designer certification can lead to a successful career as a Web designer, creative director, Web marketing/ business specialist, or art director.
- Describe infrastructure required to support an Internet connection, including hardware and software components.
- Explain important Internet communications protocols and their roles in delivering basic Internet services.
- Explain the basic principles of the Domain Name System (DNS).
- Describe how Web browsers can be used to access the World Wide Web and other computer resources.
- Explain how e-mail clients can be used to send simple messages and files to other Internet users.
- Describe Internet services, including but not limited to news, FTP, Gopher, Telnet, and network performance utilities such as ping and traceroute.
- Explain user customization features in Web browsers, including preferences, caching, and cookies.
- Describe security issues related to Web browsing and e-mail, including certificates and viruses.
- Explain how to use different types of Web search engines effectively.
- Describe how to use the Web to obtain legal and international business information.
- Describe issues in developing a corporate Web site, including but not limited to project management, testing, and legal issues.
The CIW Associate certification is ideal for all professionals who use the Internet. This prerequisite certification is also required for all levels of specialization in the CIW program.
This hands-on instructor led training course is completed in 16 hours of practical training. This time includes theoretical and lab sessions required to complete the course.