The Network Plus certification confirms a technician’s critical knowledge of media and topologies, protocols and standards, network implementation, and network support. The exams also cover domains such as security, safety and environmental issues, and communication and professionalism.
The CompTIA Network+ 2012 Certification Training Course measures the necessary competencies for an IT professional with approximately nine months experience in network support or administration. Students will learn the knowledge and skills needed to install, manage and troubleshoot a variety of networks on any platform.
The course will cover different elements of Networking such as:
- Networking Concepts
- Models and Devices
- Network Addressing
- Ports, Protocols and DNS
- Virtual Networks and Troubleshooting
- Installation and Configuration
- Switches and Routers
- Wireless Networks
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Small Office / Home Office
- Media and Topologies
- Standard Media and Connectors
- Wide and Local Area Networks
- Network Topologies
- Network Management
- Documentation and Monitoring
- Hardware and Software
- Performance Optimization
- Network Security
- Wireless Security
- Network Access
- Threats and Mitigation
- Appliance and Physical Security
An introductory course in a Windows operating system, or equivalent skills and knowledge, is required.
- Network Theory
- Network Communications Methods
- Network Data Delivery
- Network Media and Hardware
- Network Implementations
- Networking with TCP/IP
- TCP/IP Services
- Other Network Protocols
- Local Area Network (LAN) Infrastructure
- Wide Area Network (WAN) Infrastructure
- Network Security
- Remote Networking
- Disaster Recovery
- Network Data Storage
- Network Operating Systems
- Network Troubleshooting
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the basic components of network theory.
- Identify the major network communications methods.
- Identify network data delivery methods.
- List and describe network media and hardware components.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP network implementation.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify characteristics of a variety of network protocols.
- Identify the components of a LAN implementation.
- Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- Identify major issues and technologies in network security.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify major issues and technologies in disaster recovery.
- Identify major data storage technologies and implementations.
- Identify the primary network operating systems.
- Identify major issues, models, tools, and techniques in network troubleshooting.
Course Duration: 40 Hours