Developing Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications Using Visual Studio .NET. This course will teach Microsoft Visual Basic programmers and beginning Web developers the fundamentals of Web application site implementation by using Microsoft ASP.NET and Microsoft Visual Basic .NET. This course focuses on using the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET environment and the Microsoft .NET platform to create an ASP.NET Web application that delivers dynamic content to a Web site.
Overview of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Ability to use Microsoft Visual Studio .NET.
- Ability to use Microsoft .NET-Based Languages.
- Ability to create a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form.
- Ability to add code to a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form.
- Tracing in Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications.
- Validate User Input
- Create User Controls
- Access Relational Data Using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
- Access Data with Microsoft ADO.NET
- Call Stored Procedures with Microsoft ADO.NET
- Read and Write to XML Data
- Consume and Create XML Web Services
- Manage State
- Configure, Optimize, and Deploy a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Application
- Help to Protect a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Application
Before attending this course, students must have the ability to create HTML or DHTML, including:
- Programming experience using Visual Basic .NET, including:
- Declaring variables
- Using loops
- Using conditional statements
- Introduction to Web Development Technologies
- In addition, it is recommended, but not required, that students have completed:
- Introduction to Visual Basic .NET programming
- Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET
- Explain the Microsoft .NET Framework and ASP .NET
- Create a component in Visual Basic .NET or C#.
- Create an ASP .NET Web application project by using Visual Studio .NET.
- Add server controls to an ASP .NET Web Form.
- Create and populate ASP .NET Web Forms
- Add functionality to server controls that are on an ASP .NET Web Form
- Use the Trace and Debug objects that are provided with Visual Studio .NET.
- Use validation controls to validate user input.
- Create a user control
- Access data by using the built-in data access tools that are available in Visual Studio .NET
- Use Microsoft ADO .NET to access data in an ASP .NET Web application.
- Accomplish complex data access tasks from an ASP .NET Web application.
- Access Extensible Markup Language (XML) data and read into a Data Set.
- Call an XML Web Service from an ASP .NET Web application and incorporate the returned data into Web application.
- Store application and session data by using a variety of methods
- Configure and deploy an ASP .NET Web application
- Help protect an ASP .NET web application by using a variety of technologies